Dr. Jacob Torres is a native of San Antonio, TX. He feels like he has found his purpose in life which is to help people improve their health, prevent debilitating health problems and reverse what can be fixed conservatively and naturally.
Part of his passion comes from seeing his mother struggle with many health problems that may have been avoided if action had been taken sooner. She eventually passed in 2018. Dr. Torres made a personal promise to his mother to help as many people as possible to fulfill her legacy.
Dr. Torres currently works with many providers of all different types to help improve patient outcomes, research and also coach on healthy lifestyle interventions. He also currently does presentations on topics all related to reversing issues through functional health and lifestyle modifications. He also helps in creating wellness programs for corporations to improve productivity, motivate teams and reduce symptoms of chronic diseases.
Dr. Torres has been in practice for 10 years. He has helped many people struggling with pain, inflammation and also symptoms associated with chronic conditions such as autoimmune diseases, blood pressure, cholesterol, and other ailments. Dr. Torres is also now teaching other doctors how to take the functional health approach to many of these conditions to help patients have better outcomes.
- Medical Degree USAT Medical School 2018
- Masters in Public Health 2018
- Masters in Biomedical Sciences (2018) Magna Cum Laude
- Medical Bachelors and Surgery MBBS 2018
- Bachelors in Biomedical Sciences 2018 Magna Cum Laude
- Doctor of Chiropractic 2010 Parker University
- Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science
Member in the following associations:
- College of Lifestyle Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- Functional Medicine University
Certified in the following:
- Functional Medicine
- Functional Blood Chemistry
- Functional Thyroid and Autoimmune Disorders
- Functional Brain and Neurotransmitters
- Functional Endocrinology